Effective Date: 28.11.2023
It also describes the User’s choices regarding use, access and correction of the User’s Personal Data.
- Personal Data Collected
When you browse on the Website and/or when you subscribe to the Website’s newsletter but also when we communicate with you we collect the following data :
- Publication data (comments on blog, post and articles).
- Identification data (e.g.: name, e-mail, postal address, telephone number, country of residence, passport, identity card, tax identification number etc.);
- financial information such as payment details (credit card, debit card, PayPal, expiration date and the security code associated with your payment instrument);
- communication data (e.g. exchanges with you by phone or e-mail);
- images and sound (e.g. photos and videos);
- any other information provided by you (e.g. survey responses).
We automatically collect Usage Personal Data when you access the Website account through the use of log files, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, Usage Data such as :
- Date and time of access;
- Language preferences;
- Anonymized IP address;
- Geographical location
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used;
- Referral sources
- Information about the timing, lengthy, frequency and pattern of your service use;
- Pages views and website navigation paths;
- Account login.
We may also collect Personal Data through the use of your user name and passwords for certain services provided by third parties .
- We can access and store the Personal Data that the third party service makes available to us.
We may provide an option to access or register for our newsletter through the use of your Facebook, X, OpenID or Google account.
- On Which Legal Basis And For Which Purposes Is The Personal Data Collected?
We may process your Personal Data:
- For the purposes of entering or performing a contract with you to the extent that your Personal Data are necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations under the contract concluded with you when you subscribe to our newsletter, as well as for processing and delivering content or sweepstakes entries and rewards.
- For the purposes that are in our legitimate interest, such as to:
- identify you properly and enable you to access and use the Website services;
- create and manage your account with us and customize your online experience;
- process and complete transactions by taking payment or refunding you, and for the detection and prevention of fraud;
- provide customer service and support and send you related notices;
- send you promotional communications;
- keep a record of your relationship with us;
- deal with enquiries and complaints from you about the use of our Website;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you about the Website Services that may be of interest to you;
- help us to manage, administrate, evaluate and improve our business, our products and services we offer, including market research and analysis to improve our existing products and services, or learn the products and services you wished we provided (including performing data analytics and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the use of the Website and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- the establishment, exercise and defense of legal claims;
- assure the safety and continuity of our IT services and systems;
- in connection with any business reorganization, transfer, disposal, merger or acquisition on the level of Company; and
- monitor and assess compliance with our policies and standards, as well as risk management and fraud prevention
- For compliance with our legal or regulatory obligations, notably data retention obligations or when responding to requests from competent authorities.
- How We Share The Personal Data That We Collect
We may share your Personal Data with:
- third-party service providers such as IT service suppliers (including hosting and maintenance services), archiving storage providers, background checking services, financial, tax or legal advisors or institutions or accountants appointed by us, that process your Personal Data on our instructions. We do not permit third-party service providers to use Personal Data for their marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us. Appropriate safeguards to ensure the integrity and security of your Personal Data when engaging such service providers will be implemented;
- government, courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys and supervisory authorities;
- any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations, or that acquires all or substantially all of our business, stock or assets, or with whom we merge;
- shareholders, agents, employees, consultants, representatives, auditors and business partners; and
- other companies belonging to the same group as the Company (and if necessary, their respective shareholders, agents, employees, consultants, representatives, auditors, service providers and business providers).
- Do You Have The Obligation To Provide The Personal Data?
Personal Data required to comply with Company’s legal requirement or to perform the contract with you are mandatory.
Without the provision of the Personal Data we are not able to enter into or continue the performance of the contract concluded with you and you will therefore not be able to use the Website’ Services.
- How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
With regards to Personal Data collected when you register and/or purchase a product of Company and conclude subsequently a contract we’ll keep your data as long as your contractual relationship with Us is applicable.
In addition, we are subject to various retention and documentation obligations, which inter alia derives from the commercial code (Code de Commerce). The retention period provided by the commercial code is 10 years after closing of the financial year to which the relevant documents containing your Personal Data relate.
Finally, the retention period will also be determined by the legal prescription periods that can, for example, be set forth by the commercial code and amount up to ten years after the end of the contractual relationship with you.
- Where Is Your Personal Data Transferred To?
For the purposes listed above, your Personal Data may be transferred to any of the aforementioned recipients and service providers in countries located in or outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Certain countries in which recipients and data processors may be located and to which Personal Data may be transferred may however not have the same level of protection of Personal Data as the one afforded in the EEA. Personal Data transferred to countries outside the EEA in such cases will be protected by appropriate safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. You may obtain a copy of such safeguards by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To Which Extent Do We Use Automated Decisions Making Or Profiling?
In general, we do not use automated individual decision-making or profiling in the course of the relationship with you. If we should rely on such processing in a particular situation, we will inform you separately, insofar we are legally required to do so.
- What Are Your Rights?
- Right to information, rectification and restriction of processing
You are entitled to request a copy, at no costs, of the Personal Data that we hold about you. Please contact us if you would like a copy of some or all your Personal Data, we will respond to your request within thirty days of receipt of the request.
You may also contact us to correct or remove Personal Data you think is inaccurate.
In cases where the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested, the processing is unlawful, or where you have objected to the processing of your Personal Data, you may ask for the restriction of the processing of such Personal Data. This means that Personal Data will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of an EU Member State. In case a processing is restricted, you will be informed before the restriction of processing is lifted.
- Objections to processing of Personal Data
You may object with no specific formalities, to the processing of your Personal Data which is based on the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. However please note that your request may be denied if:
- we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or
- the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
You have also the right to object at any time to processing of your Personal Data for marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, your Personal Data will no longer be processed for such purposes.
- Right to withdraw your consent
You can exercise the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal only affects future processing and not past actions.
- Data Portability
You are entitled to receive the Personal Data which you have given to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that Personal Data to another controller without delay if:
- the processing is based on consent or on a contract, and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to be forgotten
You may request the deletion of your Personal Data, without undue delay when the use or other processing of such Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes described above, and notably when consent relating to a specific processing has been withdrawn or where the processing is not or no longer lawful for other reasons.
- Right to lodge a complaint
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your Personal Data, please contact us in the first instance at the email addresses indicated above and hereunder, and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to file a complaint with the Luxembourg data protection authority, the Commission nationale pour la protection des données, or another European data protection authority (e.g. in your country of residence), in the event you have concerns on the processing of your Personal Data.
- About cookies
A cookie is a file containing an identifier ( a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent cookies” or “session cookies”: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date , unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user; however, personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies we use
- Personalization ( to store information about your language preference)
- Cookie consent ( to remember if you have agreed to the cookie consent popup)
- Newsletter( to remember if you have dismissed the newsletter subscription popup)
- Authentication ( to remember administrator and contributor logins).
- Cookies used by our service providers
- X ( https://twitter.com/en/privacy)
- Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/policy.php)
- Instagram ( https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388)
- Youtube ( https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7671399)
- Vimeo ( https://vimeo.com/privacy)
- Sketchfab ( https://sketchfab.com/privacy)
- Managing cookies
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answert/95647?hl=en ( chrome)
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences( firefox)
- Http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ ( Opera)
- Https://support.microsfot.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies ( internet Explorer)
- Https://supporty.apple.com/kb/PH21411 ( safari) and
- Https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy ( Edge).
Please note that blocking all cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. However, If you block cookies, you will still be able to use all features on our website.
- Contacting Us
In order for us to take the appropriate action, please describe in reasonable detail the nature of your request or inquiry.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.